Operator who took 911 call from trapped boy to return to jobApril 15, 2018 2:42pm

CINCINNATI (AP) — A 911 operator who took one of two calls from a teen who became trapped beneath a minivan's rear bench and died will return to work Wednesday.

A Cincinnati police spokeswoman says it's not clear whether the 911 operator will face any discipline because an internal investigation is continuing.

Police are trying to find what went wrong.

Sixteen-year-old Kyle Plush died Tuesday after becoming trapped inside a minivan despite calling 911 twice for help and giving his location.

Two Cincinnati police officers and a Hamilton County sheriff's deputy searched but failed to locate him.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the city's 911 system has been plagued with problems over the past few years.

Family and friends will gather to remember the teen Sunday. His funeral is Monday.

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

In this Tuesday night, April 10, 2018 photo, Cincinnati police investigate the scene where a boy was found dead in a minivan in the parking lot near the Seven Hills School campus in Cincinnati. Cincinnati authorities are investigating the death Tuesday of 16-year-old Kyle Plush, who was trapped inside the minivan. The Hamilton County coroner says Plush died of asphyxia due to "chest compression" and that it appears to be an accident. (Cara Owsley/The Cincinnati Enquirer via AP)
Cincinnati passes 911 center plan after trapped teen's death
American Civil Liberties Union attorney Lee Gelernt, left, and Margo Schlanger, professor of law at the University of Michigan Law School, speak to reporters outside the Potter Stewart U.S. Courthouse, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, in Cincinnati. A federal appeals panel will hear arguments over a Trump administration effort to deport Iraqi nationals. A U.S. district judge in Detroit last year blocked the deportations to give the Iraqis time to make their cases to stay. Gelernt says many of them are Christians or other minority groups who fear being persecuted, tortured or killed if returned. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
Attorneys urge appeals court to block Iraqi deportations
Ohio school district allows teachers, staff to carry weaponsA school board at a southwest Ohio district where a student shot and wounded two classmates has voted to allow teachers, staff to carry weapons
In this photo taken Nov. 18, 2016, Richard Spencer attends the largest white nationalist and Alt Right conference of the year, in Washington, D.C. A lawsuit over white nationalist Spencer's effort to speak at an Ohio college has been dropped. A federal court filing Wednesday, April 25, 2018, showed both Spencer’s campus tour organizer and the University of Cincinnati have agreed to drop the case. No other details were available immediately. A trial had been scheduled for next year in U.S. district court. (Linda Davidson/The Washington Post via AP)
White nationalist Richard Spencer's Ohio lawsuit ends
Police say teacher who dated student faces sex crimeAuthorities say an Ohio teacher who filed a harassment complaint against an 18-year-old student with whom she said she'd had a relationship has been charged with a sex crime
OSU student sets fire, jumps from 5th floor dorm windowOregon State University authorities say a student experiencing a mental health crisis set a fire in his dorm room before jumping from the fifth floor window
This component is currently unavailable.
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices